抽刀斷水
2010/10/6 15:30 
【台灣醒報╱記者莊瑞萌╱台北報導】        2010.09.28 09:40 am

根據美國最新一份針對信仰與健康的研究發現,原先有宗教信仰的民眾一旦離開信仰之後,健康也容易跟著走下坡,原因可能是缺少同伴支持、維持良好作息有關。

美國賓州州立大學研究人員分析從1972年到2006年間,423位固定參加宗教信仰的民眾,其中再分析96位曾改變原先宗教信仰,以及54位已停止原先宗教活動的民眾他們的健康情況,結果發現有40%從未改變宗教信仰的民眾,自認自己的健康情況極佳,而已改變信仰的人,自認健康的比例則降為25%。

對此差異,研究人員史足托表示,「在信仰內可以保持正面思考能力,加上一旦離開信仰,可能對當事人造成壓力,種種因素造成維持以往較健康習慣的可能降低所致。」

研究人員也指出,離開原有的信仰之後,民眾擔心因此失去朋友,或是慢慢恢復飲酒或吸菸的習慣,也會影響健康,而且同屬一個宗教團體,彼此較能獲得團體的正面支持。

不過研究人員也補充,離棄信仰與健康與否的關聯,仍須進一步研究,因此並非單純指出離棄信仰會影響健康。

本次調查樣本來自美國「全國社會調查」共30523位民眾進行研究,研究結果同時刊登在最新一期《Journal of Health and Social Behavior》期刊。

http://udn.com/NEWS/HEALTH/HEA1/5873082.shtml

抽註:離教的確會失去一些朋友,但也可重新認識一些新朋友,而擔心失去朋友的人,可以通過很多渠道去再認識另外一些,返教會並非認識朋友的唯一媒介。另外,飲酒食煙方面,個人無論有信仰與否也要適可宜止。
Sherlock, M.D.
2010/10/6 16:37 
該帖被屏蔽
Alice
2010/10/6 18:44 
『在信仰內可以保持正面思考能力』 <--- 何謂"正面" ?    把教會以外的世界視為魔鬼掌權的世界是正面嗎?
"魔鬼" 和 "神" 都無所不在, 正面嗎?     如果有鬼神, 要法律來幹什麼?    叫那隻鬼或全能的神去罰他/她吧.

要裁判處, 司法機構來幹什麼? 叫神審判吧~~~
當有煩惱時, 什麼也不做, 只祈禱 , 正面嗎?

和一班無思想, 只懂祈禱及怕不信神就被火燒人在一起, 健康嗎?
抽刀斷水
2010/10/6 18:56 
有時自我欺騙一下,都會有安慰作用,例如面對親人的離逝,如果有人對你說他們只是上了天堂,遲些就會再會。即使明知這些是假話,無論如何親友都會感到舒服一點。

這些鬼神之說,如果沉迷下去,都是影響健康的,未知這方面又可以如何統計?
weiyan
2010/10/7 14:40 
假如我不是同時經歷貧窮和疾病,是不會體會弟兄姊妹間關係的虛偽,也不會經歷神的無能.運氣差是誘發反思信仰的因,而不是離教的果.

我也有幾年時間用信仰支持,但客觀現實不會跟隨自己主觀信念改變.當接受神的無能把一切扛在自己身上時,是需要很大的心力.如果有得選擇,我會選擇依靠神.
weiyan
2010/10/7 14:44 
Mat 4:8  魔鬼又帶他上了一座最高的山,將世上的萬國與萬國的榮華都指給他看,

Mat 4:9  對他說:「你若俯伏拜我,我就把這一切都賜給你。」

如果聖經所言屬實,我己經發達.
抽刀斷水
2010/10/7 14:56 
回復 5# weiyan

經歷巨變,例如貧窮和疾病,可以令原本的教徒反思後離教,但又可以令原來的非教徒走去信教(http://exchristian.hk/forum/redirect.php?goto=findpost&ptid=6221&pid=69196),真是奇異恩典。
Sherlock, M.D.
2010/10/7 17:14 
該帖被屏蔽
weiyan
2010/10/7 18:03 
回復 7# 抽刀斷水

當在絶望中願意試任何可能的方法.海難受害者在大海中因為找到一條草而歡喜.這種基於危難的信仰會持續幾長?
weiyan
2010/10/7 18:32 
回復 8# drsherlock

多謝版主大大指出在下的無能.加入基督教時要自卑,自認無能.原來來到離教者之家同入教無分別.在再次被版主大大指出自己無能力承擔的無能.

原來離教者在離教者之家高層眼中是如此賤.
Dr.Sherlock
2010/10/7 21:37 
該帖被屏蔽
抽刀斷水
2010/10/7 21:46 
回復 9# weiyan

可以很長--只要教會能切入教徒的心理弱點,當初信教的導火線引發後,就可以利用多種技巧繼續維持著信徒信教的狀態。
weiyan
2010/10/7 22:08 
回復 11# Dr.Sherlock

既然是在下誤會,你何需道歉?
是我向版主道歉才對.
抽刀斷水
2010/10/8 10:32 
【網主註:與本版無關的討論,已移至 http://amp.exchristian.hk/forum/index.php?action=thread&tid=6298&extra=page%3D1
dye
2010/10/10 18:15 
Note:
a) It does not say which religion the sample member is changing from or changing to.
b) The health condition is self proclaim.  The actual condition is not measured.
c) It NEVER matters what benefit there is for a religion since the premise is not true.  It is immoral to build any system on a system of lies.

------------------------
For the rest of the discussion in the thread,
As evolutionist points out, human as a species has a lot of "blind spots".  Although we are unable to change this matter of fact at the moment, we are not totally helpless.  The fact is, we have EACH OTHER to look after each other's back.  

The real problem of believing a religion, as I see it, is that theist is misled into looking for a solution in a wrong location.
抽刀斷水
2010/10/10 19:01 
a) It does not say which religion the sample member is changing from or changing to.

美國研究的,應該都是基督宗教吧?如要確定,就要找回那份報告。

The real problem of believing a religion, as I see it, is that theist is misled into looking for a solution in a wrong location.

Exactly.
dye
2010/10/10 23:26 
本帖最後由 dye 於 2010/10/10 23:36 編輯

I think you may be reporting this

http://hsb.sagepub.com/content/51/3/325.abstract

Previous research has devoted significant attention to understanding the link between health and personal religious beliefs and practices, typically finding that more religious people tend to have better health. However, almost no attention has been given to how switching religious groups or leaving religion altogether is related to self-reported health. Due to selection and causation mechanisms, switching from high-cost groups that are theologically and culturally exclusive could be associated with poor health more than switching from other religious groups. Using data from the 1972 through 2006 General Social Surveys, we examine the relationship between health and religious switching as moderated by the religious tradition of origin. We find that people who are raised and stay in high-cost sectarian groups, such as the Latter-day Saints and Jehovah’s Witnesses, have better self-reported health than those raised and staying in other religious traditions. However, people who leave such groups are more likely to report worse health than those who leave other groups.

--------------
It seems that it is not exactly Christian but fundamentalist in general.

If you read further online about the article, you will see that Weiyan is correct.  Poor health causes people to leave religion.  
On the other hand, the typical explanation for better health in staying in a religion is the "strictness" of the religion.

The key here is not quiting the religion,but better self reported health in stricter religion (quiting religion altogather will be least strict)
抽刀斷水
2010/10/11 00:56 
Dye少你真的很正!求真精神真是值得一讚。

我認同健康差、或是其他一些生活巨變,都會令人離教。然而同樣地,這些巨變往往亦可令非信徒走去信教。

這個self-reported的health是否能作準?我有個假設,就是離教後的人較為老實,至少不會為捍衛其宗教而說謊。
dye
2010/10/11 09:39 
本帖最後由 dye 於 2010/10/11 09:43 編輯

I take an alternative.  Besides feel-good factor (fake pill effect), routine life makes a healthier life.  By being stricter, life gets more routine.

I suspect it is also healthier to live in prison than outside for drug addicts.  If you are to measure the health (the actual health) before and after the prisoner leaves prison, I suspect you will also find "quitting" prison has an averse effect on health.

In fact, it is observable truth that pets that quit their prison into the wild has terrible health compare to time when they are in.

-----------
I see no one suggestion that we should all live in prison, or all the animal should be domesticated.

Yes, we are goats living in the wild and they are sheeps in a ranch.  I guess freedom and truth counts for something for some people.